Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cool Boots, A New Tree Guy, Survey, and Front Doors!

So my very cool sister Molly took me shopping for some "big girl boots." Let me just say that this does NOT involve shopping at the mall, or any other frequently visited store by girls and their credit cards! Farm & Fleet (for you girls - this is like a FARM STORE) in Morton, Illinois is the place for sturdy work boots. I was starting to get a belly ache over paying $80 bucks for ugly boots, but Molly assured me we would find some cute work boots for me! Sure enough - I found some very comfortable, brown CAT boots with steel toes and everything. I wonder if my voice is deeper when I wear them... just kidding. They are actually really great, and look a bit like my Doc Martins...

I called a new tree guy this week, and let me tell you it was so refreshing! I called and told them about my project, where the land was and that the trees I need taken down are all marked. Rick (the new tree guy) told me he would run out there that very day and call me back. Sure enough, he called me that night and gave me a bid! I always thought Rick was a good trustworthy name! I'm still on a hunt for someone to actually buy the trees once they come down, but I'm not giving up hope! I have alot of really great leads and am hopeful to make some good contacts this week.

Why didn't someone tell me how expensive it is to have land surveyed? YIKES! I feel like it's really important to have it done, I was just shocked at how much it cost. I guess I didn't realize there was so much more to it than the guys in the cute orange vests and there tripod thingees... So, suck it up and get it done. Okay, okay....

A fun project this week - picking out a front door! Pam (another cool sister) and I took a little trip to Lowes this week. I picked up some brochures and started researching entryway doors. So fun! I knew the one the minute I saw it! I love it when that happens! So one more thing off the list....check!

I'm meeting a highly recommended landscape design guy tomorrow morning. I have lots of pictures of what I like - hopefully I won't overwhelm him! I'll keep you posted how that meeting goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment