Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Windows and what's outside of them!

On Monday morning I met Ryan & Amy Palm out at my propery. Ryan is the owner of the company Designer Concepts, Landscape Architecture, Inc. Amy and Ryan are good friends of mine and Amy I served together in ministry for many years. It was awesome for me to stand on my land with Amy and Ryan and dream out loud about my plans for the property. Ryan is super supportive and encouraging and I'm very excited to see my master plan! One of the things I have said from the very beginning of this journey is that I don't ever want to have to mow the grass! Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy - but it's part of the reason why I wanted to live in the woods. I have a very busy life with family and friends, and in ministry that I didn't want to to spend time mowing if I didn't want to. Thankfully, Ryan assured me that I made the right decision. Because of all of the trees it would be very hard for me to grow grass. YAY! So for all of you thinking "then what the heck is your yard going to look like?" - it will be landscaped around the house with small pebbles and stone. Oh, and lots of YELLOW flowers! (That's my favorite, ya know!) Anyway, Ryan had me bring lots of pictures of the things that I love - and he'll put together a master plan for me. I can't wait! Check out their website at www.designerconcepts.biz

I left Amy and Ryan and went to the Pella store for an appointment with the window guy. That's been a huge unknown piece for me, and I've been really worried about it. Shane (the window guy) was great! Super helpful, and full of really great suggestions. He talked me through all of my options and had good solid advise for me concerning the bathroom windows. I have windows around the corner tub and wanted to make sure I had an easy way to close them up! ;) We also had the chance to really talk through the wall of windows in the great room. It's all about the view from the great room and I want to make sure I get it right! That's been challenging the whole way - knowing with a log home you can't go in later and make changes! What I do now, is how it will always be!

Shannon and I are meeting with excavator and concrete guys tomorrow afernoon. How exciting! This is something I know NOTHING about and I'm so glad that Shannon is helping me. I feel like I'm learning a whole new vocabulary...words I've never even heard of before!

I have to tell you that I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I have days that I'm totally freaked and think I'm crazy - but mostly, everyday I am blessed and I'm really finding joy in the process. I'm trying to treasure every moment of the journey, and I'm looking forward to the road ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment