Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mud & Frost Walls?

So Shannon and I met the excavator and concrete guys at the land on Thursday. We got there a few minutes early and took a little walk down the ridge. Guess what? My new work boots look like they're about 20 years old!! It was super muddy!! I have to admit it made me feel pretty cool to have mucked up boots... :-)

So the guys got here - talked about all kinds of things I know nothing about, including 13' basement walls. 9' floor to ceiling and 4' underground for frost. What?! I just nod my head like I totally know what they're talking about and wonder how much that's going to cost! They were both really nice and I enjoyed the experience. I can't wait for the day they start to dig!!

By the way - I got my quote back from Pella, and at this point I'm pretty sure I'll go with them. I loved all of the windows I picked out, and its a better deal than the log home company can give me.

I'm off to Dallas for work the next 5 days. Shannon's going to meet with Dominic (the log home guy) this week to talk through some questions....

I can't wait! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment