Friday, February 26, 2010

Overwhelmed!

After being in Texas for 5 days and coming home to ALOT going on in ministry I arrived at Shannon & JoLynn's for our Friday night house meeting with red rimmed, puffy eyes. I'm exhausted! I just keep reminding myself to take a deep breath and not allow the "stuff" to steal my joy. Though I must admit that I'm not finding too much joy in shopping for ceiling fans. They're all dumb. I mean, lighting fixtures in general aren't easy to pick - shape, glass, color, to dim or not to dim, does that match that....the list goes on. I know, I know - don't let it steal my joy! Sorry for the rant!

Shannon had a good meeting with the log guy. He got lots of our questions answered, and in general it seems like he's more comfortable. We found out that Kuhn's Brothers will be having a log raising in Macomb, Il in March. We'll actually get a chance to participate in a log home going up. That's awesome! I'm really excited about that.

I think the tree saga is coming to an end! Remember the first guy who stood me up? Well, his brother (who actually owns the company) called me while I was in Dallas. He was asking if I would give him a chance to make it right... so we scheduled a meeting at the land for late this afternoon. I told him he better not stand me up! He showed up, and was awesome! He is interested in "selective harvesting" some trees, including harvesting the ones I need taken down for my view. Only 9 trees total - woo hoo! He's thinking he'll do it in 2 weeks - and he'll be able to do them all on 1 day. He'll actually take them down and winch them to the top of the hill. Crazy! I can't wait to get pictures of that happening! So they're forgiven! :)

So I think Shannon's list is bigger than mine this week... honestly, at the end I was having such a hard time staying focused I have to follow-up and make sure I didn't miss anything! I think my job this week is to follow-up with a friend (Doug) who I'm hoping can help us with some plumbing questions, and continue pricing out the rest of my flooring and light fixtures. My list is way more fun than Shannon's... although he does seem to light up when he's talking about big tractor thingees that we will rent to haul the heavy stuff around....

No comments:

Post a Comment