Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stood up!


So I drug myself out of bed at 6:00am in the morning to meet Shannon out at the land to mark the trees that have to come down for the house and the view. I had set up a meeting with the logging guy for 4:00pm in the afternoon. Well guess what? He didn't show up! He called me at 3:55 to say he was in Chicago. Man! I was not happy! I was really excited to start the process, and was really disappointed that he didn't show up. Needless to say, he was really sorry - and asked to reschedule for the next morning at 11:30. Ok, I'll try again. So out I go the next day, take a walk, sit in the car and make a few notes, try to stay warm as I count down the minutes to 11:30. 11:15 - I'm wishing I had some coffee, 11:20 - turn on the radio to distract myself, 11:25 - I'm already thinking bad thoughts about this guy - thinking he better not be late! 11:30 - No guy. Grrrrrrrr....

I'm calling a new guy tomorrow...

PS - As we stood on the road and looked at all the trees X'd out - I made the comment "look at all my X's!" Of course what ran through my mind all day long... "All My Ex's live in Texas..." :o) I'm a dork!

No comments:

Post a Comment